Effective Communication is Critical in the Medical Field
- Materials are designed especially for medical professionals (audio files and other materials)
- We use the medical terminology that YOU use in your specific medical field.
- Course materials and content are tailored to YOUR needs.
MEDICAL COURSES HELP YOU IMPROVE YOUR SPEECH IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS:
- Use of medical terminology
- Communicating verbal orders
- Patient interviewing
- Clinical reporting
- Telephone protocol
- Communication with colleagues, families, and staff
- Oral presentation of medical research
- Written medical reporting
- Job interviewing
VIDEO-TAPED EVALUATION IS THE FIRST STEP.
After a comprehensive American English evaluation which assesses articulation, intonation, and stress used while communicating (all the aspects of English pronunciation), a personal accent improvement plan is drafted, and the work begins.
We work on only those aspects of your accent which need improving so you can achieve your goals as quickly as possible.
- Comprehensive American English evaluation (assessing articulation, intonation and stress)
- Detailed analysis.
- Creation of a Personal Accent Modification Plan based on evaluation and on our discussion together.
- Work together, consisting of one session weekly (via the internet or in- person) @ 75-90 minutes.
- 8-16 weeks of instruction, depending on Dr. Ojakangas’s recommendation.
- Post-course evaluation possible to assess improvement.
WE OFFER HELP STUDYING FOR THE UCMLE EXAMINATIONS.
For those studying for U.C.M.L.E. exams, especially the newer Step 2cs- (Clinical Skills), our courses can be especially helpful. The CIS (Communication and Interpersonal Skills) and SEP (Spoken English Proficiency) parts of the USMLE Clinical Skills exam require clear, intelligible spoken English, good patient interview technique, and demonstration of competent professional communication skills.
How to improve your spoken English
If you’re interested in an online course which you can take at your own pace, then click the link to review self study programs and select that one that’s right for you.
If you require more “hands-on” coaching and support (perfect for professionals) click the link and request a consultation today.