How to Speak American English: The Basics
You will receive instruction in the most important basics of how to speak like an American. This will include instruction and practice materials (PDFs and audio files) for American vowel production, American consonant production and how to speak using American English intonation (the melody of the language).
Each participant will have an initial 1/2 hour personal speech evaluation with Dr. Ojakangas.*
In the class there will be ample time for active participation, correction, and improving auditory discrimination while listening to the other group members. Additionally, each class will be recorded and participants will have the ability to download each recording.
After this course ends you will have all the materials and knowledge you require to continue practicing on your own to improve your accent, as new speech habits require approximately 3-4 months to ‘cement’ as new habits.
To be enrolled in this course you must be sufficiently fluent in English.
The course is designed for:
- business professionals
- health-care workers
- sales professionals
- C-level executives
- and others in business
Because of Dr. Ojakangas’ extensive knowledge of neuroscience and how the brain produces speech, you will receive the highest level of accent coaching available. If you have further question re: the course, please write to Dr. Ojakangas at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Class will meet each Thursday between October 20 – November 17, 2022
- Oct. 9 – 15: Pre-course individual evaluations (30 minutes)
- Oct. 20 @ 5:00 – 6:00 pm (EST): INTRODUCTION
- Oct. 27 @ 5:00 – 6:30 pm (EST): VOWELS
- Nov. 03 @ 5:00 – 6:30 pm (EST): INTONATION
- Nov. 10 @ 5:00 – 6:30 pm (EST): CONSONANTS
- Nov. 17 @ 5:00 – 6:30 pm (EST): LINKING, PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER
- All classes conducted via ZOOM
- 4-8 participants (minimum 4, maximum 8)
- Individual screening by Dr. Ojakangas before course begins (Oct. 9-15)
- All materials included (pdfs and audio files)
$1,200.00Add to cart
All-inclusive price, payable by credit or debit card
* Personalized Attention, Materials Included. Taught by Dr. Catherine Ojakangas (over 25 years experience).